Zelle is a digital payment network for users in the United States that offers them a safe and easy way to send and receive money from other users.
With a valid email address and US mobile number, you can set up your Zelle account, add a bank affiliated with the Zelle network and begin to make safe transfers at no extra cost.
A Prepaid Card is one used to pay for things. It is not linked with any bank account. Holders spend money preloaded into the card. It is also called a stored-value card and can be used for online and in-person shopping.
Does Zelle Take Prepaid Cards
Generally, Zelle does not work with prepaid cards but accepts a few prepaid cards issued by Zelle Network Banks. Prepaid cards that work with Zelle include:
- Access 360o PNC Smart Access Prepaid Visa Card
- Chase Liquid Card (Chase Secure Banking)
How To Send Money On Zelle Using Zelle-Compatible Prepaid Cards
To use a prepaid card on Zelle, it must be compatible with Zelle; a Bank in the Zelle network must have issued it. Follow these steps to send money via Zelle with a prepaid card:
- Download the Zelle Mobile app.
- Log into your account or sign up if you’re new to Zelle.
- Navigate to ‘Send Money’.
- Select the details of the person you want to transfer money to (If it is not listed, enter the details of the recipient’s account).
- Input the amount you want to transfer.
- Select ‘Card‘ as the payment method.
- Input the details of your prepaid card.
- Tap ‘Send‘
- You will get a confirmatory mail or notification to inform you of the success of your transfer.
How To Transfer Money From Prepaid Card To Bank Account
If you have a prepaid card and want to transfer the money in it with Zelle, you can’t, except the prepaid card is issued by a bank in the Zelle Network. You will have to first transfer the money in the card into your bank account, then transfer it to your friend or family with Zelle.
Before proceeding, check that the issuer of your prepaid card has an online platform on which you can manage your card. If it does, find the app or website to help you access the platform. Follow these steps to transfer money from your prepaid card to your bank account:
- If available, log into your prepaid card account online or on the app.
- Submit the details of the bank you want the money transferred into.
- Go to ‘Transfers‘.
- Select ‘Transfer to bank account’.
- Input the sum you wish to transfer.
- Input your pin, touch ID verification, or any other suitable verification method.
- Click on ‘Send.’
The money you have transferred will reflect in your bank account immediately or in a few business days, depending on the prepaid card issuer. It might take longer for the first transfers as the company must verify the bank account you linked.
Now you have the money in your bank account, you can proceed to send it via Zelle.
- Log into your Zelle account or activate an account with a valid email address and US mobile number.
- Enter the recipient’s email address or US mobile number.
- Input the amount you wish to transfer.
- Hit send.
The transaction will be processed instantly.
A lover of tech.