Cash App (formerly known as Square Cash) is a payment service that permits users to transfer money via a mobile phone app. Its services include banking, funds transfer, investment, and cryptocurrency purchases. It is only available in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Cash App also offers users a debit card called Cash Card tied to their Cash app account. The card can be used to make purchases both in person and online. It can also be used at ATMs for a $2 per transaction fee.
Why Is Date Of Birth Required For Cash App Registration:
Date of birth information is required on Cash App for the following reasons:
- Date of birth is an important detail to provide when signing up on Cash App. Users must provide it at signup on both the website and the mobile app. The date of birth is required, amongst other key personal information, to determine your eligibility. Simply put, you cannot have a Cash App account without providing your date of birth.
- Cash App has sending and receiving limits. Users can send up to $250 in 7 days and receive up to $1,000 in 30 days. To increase your cash limits, further verification of your identity is required. For further verification, Cash App will require users to provide their full name, their dates of birth, and the last four digits of their Social Security Number (SSN).
Possible Reasons Users Change Their Birthday:
People may change their date of birth for a variety of reasons, some of which include:
- To use Cash App: Cash app users should be 18 years old or older. Users between the ages of 13 and 17 require authorization from a parent and are restricted from some services like investment and cryptocurrency purchases. People below 18 who wish full access to Cash App may use a fake age on registration and then try to change their age when they become of eligible age.
- Date of birth error: Mistakes in date, month, or even year of birth are fairly common during initial registration on Cash App. This is another common reason people try to change their birthday on Cash App.
- Hacked account: Upon getting access to a cash app account, hackers might change vital information like date of birth to prevent the account owner from gaining entry. However, if the account owner manages to repossess the account, they would need to change it back to the original.
How To Change Your Birthday On Cash App
To change information on your birth date on Cash App, follow these steps:
- Download the Cash App mobile app on the Google play store or the Apple store, depending on your mobile device. You may also use the web version if you’re using a MAC or PC.
- Install and launch the app
- Log into your cash app account
- Click on the profile icon on your home screen
- You will arrive at a page with a list of options
- Select ‘Profile Information.’
- Navigate to the date of birth field and tap edit.
- Input the correct birth date
- Tap the Submit button
- Input your password to validate changes made.
- Your birthday will be updated.
The video below also helps in the steps.
If you encounter problems while doing this you can contact the Cash App customer support here.
A lover of tech.