Throughout the day you could have lots of tasks to attend to and you would need to keep track of those tasks to do them promptly. This is the purpose of reminders: to help you remember important tasks. Many are oblivious of the fact that Facebook Messenger has an inbuilt reminder.
This feature is especially essential when you want to link up with friends, family, or business partners via Messenger. With this feature, you can set a reminder for an event and this would be sent to all members of a chosen group.
If you don’t know how to set these reminders on Facebook Messenger, then keep reading! In this article, we would be showing you a step-by-step method to set a Facebook Messenger reminder in 2022 and other information that can help you!
Table of Contents
How to Set Facebook Messenger Reminder in 2022
To set a Facebook Messenger reminder, follow the simple steps below:
- Select the conversation thread for which you want to set the reminder.
- To enter the chat settings, click on the icon at the top right-hand corner.
- Tap on their name at the top of the screen to see the chat settings if you use an iPhone.
- Select the “set an event reminder” to set the reminder for the event.
- Make sure to select the time and date of the reminder at the window.
- Select “ok” and create the reminder.
- You would now see the event in the chats.
- If you would like to cross-check the reminder details, tap on the date.
- Set the name and place of the event.
- Other users would be notified of any changes you make to the reminder in the chats.
- Once this is set Facebook would send a reminder message automatically to you and this would also be sent to your group members.
Note that you can also name the reminder so you can easily locate it when you want. Everyone in the group would be able to see this name and when it is time to remind you, Facebook would send you a notification which would include the time, date and name of the reminder.
How do you Delete the Facebook Messenger Reminder that you have Set?
To delete the already set reminder:
- Go to Facebook Messenger.
- Go to the group conversation containing the reminder and select the reminder.
- Select ‘Delete’ and the reminder is deleted.
How do you View Upcoming Reminders you have set on Facebook Messenger?
To view upcoming reminders and events you have created, follow the simple steps:
- Go to your Facebook home page.
- From the left-hand menu, tap events.
- In the events section, you would see past and future events.
- Modify any event if needed.
Facebook Messenger reminder is useful if you want to set events and remember them in due time. This article has shown you how to set Facebook Messenger reminders, how to delete them and view upcoming reminders and events so you can plan yourself well. So, if you want to set a reminder next time, follow the instructions in this article and your reminder would be set without hassles!
A lover of tech.